2 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Harris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:12 PM

Hello,

I'm a relatively new user to nano-CAD and so far am quite impressed with its features for a free software, especially compared to the other free programs!

But i'm having a little trouble with the dimension of a diameter.
I can add the dimension, but i cant figure out how to move the text out the way of the circle i am annotating.

I remember in auto-cad there is anode which you can just drag ... but nano-cad doesn't seem to have the ability to move it.

Can someone help me out here?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Annotation 2020-05-13 211013.png

#2 pguimber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationFrance - Maine et Loire

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:52 AM

Hello,
right click, properties: Fit, Text movement => Move text, add leader

That's right ?
Patrick

#3 zeta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:22 PM

An easier way is to go into dimension styles. Go to 'FIT'. Under Fit options change from 'either text or arrow' to 'arrows' Under text placement change from 'beside dimension line' to 'over dimension line'.
There are other combinations that cause the same thing to happen. This didn't seem to mess up any other dimensions I was using.

I don't know why this works and it took me some time to track it down but I dimension radius and circles outside. I think that the standards control some of this and I had to bring in another drawing with that dimensions the way I wanted to confirm it could do this (some can't), compare the dimensions from what it did by default to what I wanted in the properties manager and finally figured out what it was.

Z

You might want to create a new dimension style to do this in case you mess something up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users