Convert Imported MSExcel Shape Table to Polyline in Nanocad

excel msexcel coordinates import shape table convert airfoil poly-line

4 replies to this topic

#1 Plato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

MSExcel presents a convenient opportunity to generate tables for shapes. In one instance I used the dimensional criteria of a NACA 64-415 Airfoil to develop a shape table based on the per-unit system (dimensionless) which preserved the contour relationships. This data originally included about 50 x,y coordinates for the upper and lower halves (negative y values) of the airfoil plus a radius and a slope for the radius. Unfortunately, the radius couldn't be handled in the shape file except by calculating x,y coordinates around the radius and adding these into the shape table. For the coordinates to be handled as an airfoil in a closed loop context, the start and end points needed to be identical. :wacko:

Ideally, I am looking to be able to import an MSExcel table representing a shape, such as an airfoil, into Nanocad, converting the table to a poly-line to generate a continuous closed loop shape. This means handling repeated x,y coordinates in the sequence that they are presented in the table.

Any tips on how to achieve this would be gratefully appreciated. :wub:

#2 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hello,

you can write quite a simple script for this task or contact Developer's Club - I think they have similar scripts. One of the request fron forum

http://forum.nanocad...o-lines-script/

was forwarded to Developer's Club and, as I know, they found solution.

Best regards,
Seva.

#3 Plato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Thanks Seva, will explore. :) I guess what I am really trying to do is to import a set of x,y coordinates say from MS Notepad that can be poly-lined in the sequence presented then exported as a continuous closed loop shape file.

#4 Kenny Danglish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

Hello,

I am new to NanoCAD. Please guide me how to convert a .dwg file or .dxf file to .shp file. I need the shape file of different geometries

#5 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hello, current version doesn't option to export to shape file. Probaby it will be implemented in future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users