Lines on layout plot double

1 reply to this topic

#1 Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:08 PM

Dimension lines appear on a plot as double lines filled with white. As do any other lines in a layout such as my titleblock. This means that at normal scales, dimension lines appear very thick when printed. Coloured lines printed through a viewport with a ctb are unaffected. I have numerous viewports on this sheet so it is easier to dimension in the layout than have dimensions in the model space.

UCS and PLAN are set to 'world'. This occurs with ctb and stb files, though not with 'none', when the lines plot as viewed.

Attached is a snip of the plot preview screen and the same area of the drawing, when plotting with my ctb to show the issue.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Doubled_Dimension_Lines.PNG

#2 Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 07:16 PM

Expectation: Draw Model using colours to represent line types and thicknesses at 1:1. Place viewports in Layout with title blocks and associated dimensions for different views at different scales. Plot using a colour table so that the coloured lines in the viewport take on their weights and types on the paper.

Behaviour: Dimensions on the layout plot correctly if the viewport(s) are set to 'wireframe', but then everything in the viewport retains its colour despite a CTB being selected. If the viewport is set to 'as displayed', then everything within the viewport plots correctly with regard to colour, weight and style. However, the dimensions and other lines on the Layout appear drawn as outlines, as in the picture above. I've been struggling with this for a few days now and cannot work out why it happens.

This is tested in a fresh document using the built in monochrome styles and my own ctb, with only one dimension, one viewport and one new colour-plotted layer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users