Layout objects do not follow ctb when plotting

1 reply to this topic

#1 Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 03:12 PM

I have just started using nanoCAD after Draftsight became subscription only. I have opened the drawing I'm working on in nanoCAD, and assigned my colour dependent plot style table. Everything should plot as black, with the line styles and weights defined by the line colours. If I preview or make a PDF, the viewports to the model space correctly assign this and all prints as expected, including hatches. However, everything on the sheet/layout such as titles, notes and dimensions prints in their displayed colours rather than referencing the ctb.

I have found something from 2013 that suggests blocks on the layout don't print in monochrome on nanoCAD even if the ctb specifies it (this is crazy if true, but the phrase in the FAQ is unclear), but this is happening with simple lines on the layout/paperspace. The same colours print correctly in the viewports.

Attached is a sample of the problem culled from a PDF file. The black section is colour-dependently plotted from the model space in a viewport, while the green dimension lines and pink text are in the layout. In previous CAD programmes these both followed the assigned ctb.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Layout_in_colour.PNG

#2 Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:52 PM

Reply from technical support: Any object in the layout does not print according to the ctb, but follows the layer colour.

Either make all layout objects black or pony up to get this functionality.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users